It’s no secret that we’re pretty excited for Finding Dory to be release this June. So between now and then, I’ll be sharing lots of fun recipes and craft ideas revolving around everyone’s favorite blue fish. These easy to make cereal bars are a fun treat for the kids and can be whipped up in minutes. Finding Nemo is one of the first movies my son watched when he was younger so he’s pretty excited to see the sequel making it’s way to the big screen.
In fact, he was the one who found the special Finding Dory cereal this weekend and wanted to make these snacks.
Think crispy rice treats just made with a different type of cereal. You’ll make these the same way and they’re just as good if not better.
Finding Dory Cereal Bars
Author: Dawn Nieves
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8-10 bars
- 4 cups Finding Dory Cereal
- 1 cup of Finding Dory Marshmallows (separated)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Separate about ½ cup of marshmallows form the cereal and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add in marshmallows. Stir until melted
- Once marshmallows are melted, stir in cereal. Mix until coated.
- Press cereal into wax paper lined baking dish. Spray paper with a non-stick cooking spray to make removal easier.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours
- Drizzle with blue icing (if desired) and top with extra marshmallows.
- Cut into bars and serve.
These are an easy and delicious snack kids and adults will love. These would be great for parties or even a movie night at home. We enjoyed ours while we watched Finding Nemo this weekend. I’ll definitely be making them again for our upcoming Finding Dory party. So stay tuned for more fun party ideas and recipes.
Are you excited for Finding Dory?
Like this recipe? PIN IT for later!